“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27
Indonesiaa kohtasi toukokuussa pommi-iskujen aalto, joka kodistettiin erityisesti kristittyjä kirkkoja kohtaan. Toukokuun 8. päivä Mako Brimbob Rutanin hyökkäyksessä kuoli viisi poliisia ja kolme kirkkoa oli iskun tähtäimessä. Itsemurhapommittajat hyökkäsivät Santa Marian kirkkoon, Indonesian kristittyyn kirkkoon sekä helluntaikirkkoon 13 toukokuuta. 13 siviiliä kuoli ja 41 haavoittui. Samana päivänä Sidoarjoon tehtiin pommi-isku, joka tappoi seitsemän ihmistä. Toukokuun 14 päivä tapahtui puolestaan pommi-isku Surabaya Mapolrestan toimistolla, jossa haavoittui noin kymmenen ihmistä. Teot on ottanut vastuulleen ISIS-terroristijärjestö.
WSCF osoittaa tukensa ja osoittaa solidaarisuutta Indonesian pommien uhreille ja heidän omaisilleen ja tuomitsee iskut jyrkästi.
Voit lukea alta WSCF Globalin kannanoton.
We are shocked, outraged and concerned about the series of bomb attacks in the cities of Indonesia killing many innocent lives. On May 8, Mako Brimbob Rutan attack killed 5 police personnel, three Churches of Surabaya were targeted named - Church of Santa Maria, Indonesian Christian Church, & the Pentecostal Church were attacked through suicide bombings on May 13, killing 13 civilians and injuring 41, followed by another suicide bombing on the same day in Sidoarjo killing 7 civilians, on May 14, yet another suicide bombing at the Surabaya Mapolresta Office injuring 4 police personnel and 6 civilians. The sequel of the bomb attacks has certainly created a deep terror and trauma in the hearts and minds of people of Indonesia. These violent attacks are reported as ISIS-inspired bombings.
We the World Student Christian Federation stand in solidarity with the people of Indonesia and strongly condemn the heinous act of violence against the peace-loving people and the community. We are deeply concerned about the extremist groups targeting families and innocent children and youth to carry out their act of crime against humanity. We uphold the innocent young children in our prayers who were misused by the radicals are equally victims of the system and radical teachings in the name of God. People of Indonesia have been coexisting peacefully for centuries by upholding the principles and values of respecting and embracing diversity. No doubt, the people of Indonesia came to streets in huge numbers to show their solidarity and to convey their message to the world that the land of Indonesia cannot be used as a breeding ground for extremism.
We the student community join hands with the peace lovers and seek solidarity of alliances to restore peace in the region as:
· We express our deepest condolences to the bereaved families who lost their loved ones both civilians and public personnel during the series of bomb attacks and continue to uphold the people in our prayers who are traumatized and going through a healing process
· We invite the Christian faith community to initiate interfaith dialogues to respect and embrace diversity for sustainable peace in the region and to dispel the politics of terror and violence
· We continue to uphold the police personnel, activists, volunteers, individuals, civil society and faith-based organizations who provide security and involved in the rescue operations and promoting peace and harmony in the country
· We believe that the government of Indonesia will provide extra protection to children and youth to protect their precious lives from the extremist groups
· We ask religious leaders of the world to continue playing an active role in combating terrorism in their regions through constructive dialogues with people of other faiths and communities involved in promoting peace
· We ask our global family of the World Student Christian Federation (WSCF) to pray for victims who are still under trauma, care/healing and take initiatives in restoring peace and harmony in the country
The people of Indonesia and the world who believe in peace, diversity, and coexistence stood in solidarity against radicalism and extremism as they say in one voice
As we envision a world of peace, justice, and harmony, we say this prayer in remembering the people of Indonesia:
May we be empowered by God’s unconditional love to dismantle the politics of terror and violence and promote peace, love, care, and compassion to one another
May we be enabled to see and recognize God’s image in our neighbors and respect the differences and embrace diversity
May the God of life, lead and strengthen us in solidarity to respond to the discrimination against people, communities, and nations and inspire us to transform our world as we envision to create a violence-free world for all. Amen
Be reassured of our prayers and solidarity. Remain in God's presence and prayers meditating His words.
" The Lord is close to the brokenhearted, He rescues those whose spirits are crushed.” Psalm 34:18
See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before Me. Isaiah 49:16
Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5
May 15, 2018